Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Napping House




It's finally 2013! 
2012 was truly great because I've kept this blog running and I got engaged!!!!

A special shout to Y.H. who found me on my blogger and we had the honour of being acquainted. She recently finished Langara College (just like me!) Sometimes I really think about the days in school for Early Childhood Education. There are really some things you can't just learn in books. It's about the hands-on experience. It truly is. I'm actually very thankful to be working in my dream career. I am thankful to work with the little ones who truly made my 2012 an awesome one.



Well, I guess it's time for me to show you my first felt story I've ever created. I remember rushing through it because I had a bunch of other papers to finish. Need I remind you, it was my first attempt and it wasn't my best effort. 
The story is called, "The Napping House" By Audrey Wood. I believe it's a book that's been on the shelves for quite a while. What intrigued me was the repetition and simplicity. Furthermore, it was a great story to control the volume of the crowd. With a quiet tone and some whispers, the children really get into it. I made two sets. One set with everyone sleeping. The other set is to have everything fly in the air. I wanted to really make this felt story "POP". 
Characters in the story: Granny, Child, Dog, Cat, Mouse, Flea

...in a cozy bed where everyone is sleeping.

I think that's what I need right now! With all my family in a craze for wedding planning, this house really needs a sleep!

11 comments:

  1. I wish my first attempt looked this good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, the detail here is amazing! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is beautiful. I love this book too - because it calms the crowd. Congrats on the engagement, how exciting! (now go take a nap!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flannel set! It is most definitely better than not just my first attempt but my many attempts after the first. LOL!

    Congratulations on finding your dream job and your dream man. Best of luck with the wedding! Is it soon?

    Thanks for sharing on the FFRU this week!
    ~ K ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't look like you rushed at all -- this is a wonderful set! I love the black outlining.

    Also, congrats on getting engaged!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe this was your first flannelboard -- it's amazing! And doing the two different sets really brings the book to life.

    Congratulations on your engagement as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Job! How do you paint the details so finely!?

    ReplyDelete