Friday, February 10, 2012

I just finished a big meal after a busy day at work today. I normally try not to stuff myself at work, but at the end of the day, I really needed to reward myself. I ended up having Indian food. The spices were so good that I lost track of how much basmati rice I consumed. I can't help it. It was so delicious. I find myself sitting here on the couch tired with an aching back. I hope I'm not coming down with anything. I just feel so exhausted. Here is a little song to go with how I feel: "There was an Old Lady".

I made this felt story a couple of years ago when I was working with the toddlers. It didn't really matter what animals you made for this story, but whatever it is, the lady was going to eat it and the children supported her diet. Instead of making her "die" like all the other lyrics, I liked to change it to "CRY" otherwise I wouldn't sleep at night.

 Despite the countless versions of "The Little Old Lady", Pam Adam's version was my most favorite (The book on the right). I really like the colors and illustrations on die-cut pages that show what she swallows. As you can see, I somewhat followed the image of the old lady in my felt story.

(*Note: image on the right) There is one felt story out there that scares me the most. I had a co-worker of mine share it one time and one toddler completely freaked out. At first, I really liked the clarity and realistic image of the old lady; however, when I found out you can place things in her mouth, that was when my imagination fell loose. This felt story is very interactive and has quality. If I had this at my center, I would use it. I would try and get over the fact that this lady is just "pretend". I hope to eventually stop shivering from looking at this felt story. Thank you RR for introducing the story. I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment